Now Accepting Applications: Community Services Recovery Fund
Community Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador takes part in the Community Services Recovery Fund – a $400 million investment in Community Services Organizations
Now more than ever, Community Service Organizations (charities, non-profits, and Indigenous Governing Bodies) are playing a key role in addressing persistent and complex social problems faced by all Canadians. The Community Services Recovery Fund is a $400 million investment from the Government of Canada to support charities, non-profits, and Indigenous Governing Bodies as they focus on how to adapt their organizations for pandemic recovery.
Community Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador is proud to be working with community foundations across Canada as part of the Community Services Recovery Fund. This fund is a collaboration between the Canadian Red Cross, Community Foundations of Canada, and United Way Centraide Canada to provide funding to Community Service Organizations, including non-profit organizations, Indigenous Governing Bodies or Registered Charities located in Canada. The Community Services Recovery Fund responds to what Community Service Organizations need right now and supports organizations as they adapt to the long-term impacts of the pandemic.
Applications are now open, and non-profit organizations, Indigenous Governing Bodies, and charities must apply by 5pm PT on February 21, 2023. Visit www.communityservicesrecoveryfund.ca to find out more about how to apply, explore resources for applicants, and submit your application.
Contact A Funding Partner
- For Systems and Processes – Contact Community Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador at the below.
- For Investing in Program and Service Innovation and Design – Contact United Way of Newfoundland and Labrador or set up a meeting directly with Katie from UWNL here.
- For Investing in People or applications from unincorporated Nonprofits – Visit the Canadian Red Cross CSRF website for further information or email Erin at Erin.Cluett@redcross.ca.
- Provincial/National Stream – This is being managed nationally by all three funders. The Canadian Red Cross is processing intake. You can learn more and apply here.
Systems & Processes
CFNL is facilitating the Systems and Processes stream in the province. CFNL will distribute $ 1,175,000 in grants to organizations in this stream. Learn more about what kinds of projects fall within this stream – Systems & Processes Project Focus Area Rundown.
If you are in NL and plan to apply to the Systems and Processes Stream, you can book a virtual meeting here or phone (709) 753-9899 to speak with CFNL staff. If you need further information about choosing between the local and national/provincial stream, contact Katie at UWNL or Nicole at CFNL if you need support.
Please visit the CSRF website to learn more about the program eligibility, application and streams before booking a virtual meeting to discuss your application. The website contains many helpful resources, including a FAQ, the application guide and a how to apply webinar.
Examples of projects focused on Systems and Processes include:
- Investment in contact management systems
- Implementation of a new communications plan
- Enhancement of a new accounting system
- Development, implementation, or adaptation of a new fundraising strategy
- A governance review through the lens of organizational resilience
- Exploring a merger or amalgamation with one or more community service organizations
- Development or adaptation of a data/privacy strategy or plan
- Other activities to help your systems and processes modernize or adapt